Monday, June 16, 2008

the update i'm sure you're dying to hear about!

so like I said, I'm sure you've all been wondering what's up. :) either way, you're about to find out!

the main points:
I graduated. see pics on facebook. I have everything but my diploma b/c I'm finishing my internship.

I went home, organized my life, unpacked, repacked, realized how very little I have, haha! I'm gonna have to buy a LOT of stuff when I get my own place in the fall. oh well, i'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I went on a fabulous trip to Myrtle Beach with some of my bff's from AU. pics on facebook. much sun was had, beach, sand, pool, dinners out, a little bit of drinking, some drinks bought for us by much older men, boating, Bojangle's southern dining, and of course, driving. Fun times!

I came back home and didn't do much.

and then. I MOVED TO FISHERS/GEIST! I'm living with a couple about my parents age in a big beautiful home down Olio and off of 104th from Hamilton Southeastern. It is a great setup, I have my own room and bathroom, and they are very generous with meals and everything. I have also started my internship at Northview Christian Life Center in Carmel, and work at Starbucks on E.82nd! So yeah. Starbucks' sales have been down so I won't be getting more than 20 hours quite yet, but we'll see how things go in the next few weeks. Hopefully I'll be okay during the crazy morning rush!

working on finding a place to work out that won't charge me $100 to join, or cancel and have so far been unsuccessful. So I think I'm goin to the Fishers YMCA after all, showing them how very little money I made last year and hoping they give me a cheap rate! haha. I just need to work out so the fatness doesn't get me. and so I don't have to be super picky about what I eat, that is no fun! also, because of my intense love for reading, I got a library card for the Hamilton East library, which, I have decided, is not as good as the dear ole APL (anderson public library). Which is surprising b/c Fishers is like leaps and bounds nicer than A-town.

and for those of you who know how my car has a few minor issues, I'm getting those fixed slowly but surely. that cracked mirror that I busted at the ATM months ago that has been hanging on loosely will be replaced soon. hahaha! thanks to the person who made that useable for all this time. lol. I went out to this auto salvage with all these dirty, sweaty, creepy lookin guys there! and I was like, "um, I need a rim and a driver side mirror..." This place was literally made out of tin. It was sketch. My dad told me it would be like that! The owner or manager guy looked normal, but let's just say these guys prob. don't see young women walk in there much! yeah, 22 year old cute girl in a tin shack auto salvage yard ?!?! where is a man when I need one? lol.

and now i'm going to finish watching The Search for the Next Elle Woods and go upstairs.

3 comments:

pwdrd donuts said...

Found ya! You're linked.

pwdrd donuts said...

Okay, first sign in - then go to layout - then find something that should be called "link list" or "configure link list" somethign like that.

Okay, then, say you're adding mine; you would copy and past my address (www.mattbays.blogspot.com) into the line that says, "New Site URL". Under that it will say, "New Site Name" which you can call it whatever you want. Press "Add Link" and then press "Save" at the top. Good as gold.

pwdrd donuts said...

You should start going to church. I think not going makes you seem sorta "sketch." Ahhh, I'm funny.