Tuesday, April 22, 2008

everything is up in the air

alrighty. two weeks of class, a few tests... and I am NO LONGER A STUDENT.

I don't know that I've really soaked that in. I don't know that I will until fall rolls around and I'm not going back to school, or maybe even after that. 16 years of education is about to finish. I don't know what life is like without school! Have you ever thought about that? Anyone with a degree knows what life is like without classes, tests and homework. Most of the people I am around don't know that life yet! Well, I get to find out what life is like w/o all of that really soon. I'm... excited? haha. I mean, it's weird, because you do want to be done having homework and studying and tests and sitting in a class room... but at the same time, now we have to work all day every day! ugh! hahaha. Which is why I am praying that the Lord will give me something to do that I can enjoy and use all the many things He has given me. At the same time, I'm prepared to just do whatever to survive. You know what your parents say, get a job and then look for the job you really want while you work/survive.

I don't even want to talk about college loans. One thing at a time. Too bad I have like 86 things at all times...

the past few days: family. concerts. friends. walks. nice weather. drinking more pop than I should. sadness. new clothes. big paycheck. a breakdown. senior pics (little sis). park.

it is quite warm in my apartment. i think the thermostat tells us it's around 78. not a lot of good ventilation back in the bedrooms, which means... well... less will be worn. (chill out, I don't do the naked sleeping thing...) my roomie suggested turning on the a/c, but that means we have to shut all the windows. I'm the last one up, as usual, and I don't think that leaving the balcony door open thru the night is safe. Yeah, pretty sure that's not a good idea.

oh, and the title to this post. i don't know what i'm doing next, because everything is up in the air that I have going. have a couple "interviews" in Indy on Weds. and should hear about the next step in internships by the end of this week... will prob. call about the job in Alabama just to see how that's going too. It's all just up in the air.

so. if you know me, you know I love Point of Grace... I can sing most of the songs from memory... shut up, okay? they sing pretty harmonies and I just like them. I was listening to their very first album the other day and it is WAY old... but there was this one song that speaks to what is in my heart right now (well, one of the things).

"I Have No Doubt"

Sometimes I don't know where I'm going
Where the road is leading me
Life can be full of so many changes
So many uncertainties
But there's one thing that's constant in this heart of mine
It's knowing that you're gonna love me, come rain or shine

I have no doubt

That you will never leave me
That you'll be there to keep me safe and warm
I have no doubt
No matter where you take me
That nothing can separate me from you, lord

I don't know what you've planned for tomorrow
Or what lies up ahead for me
Pleasure, pain, worry or sorrow
Today is as far as I can see
You may see fit to take me through the valley, lord
Or on the mountain
It makes no difference where I go

No comments: